if you care about moustaches, take this moustache trivia quiz, put together by me, for my unpublished book 100 Thematic Quizzes.
1. marcel duchamp, the dadaist painter, labeled one of his famous creations as “LHOOQ”. What is LHOOQ?
2. x is the only king in a standard pack of cards without a moustache. Identify x.
3. who was the first celebrity to endorse the ‘got milk?” milk moustache advertising campaign?
“his fat fingers, like grubs, are greasy
his cockroach moustache sneers
his boot rims shine”
about whom did the jewish poet, osip mandelshtam, write the above verse?
5. who wrote a song called ‘mr. moustache’ back in 1989?
6. it is said that salvador dali modeled his famous moustache after his hero - a seventeenth century spanish painter. can you name him?
7. in 1914, what happened when actor mack swain’s moustache was trimmed down to toothbrush size?
8. “he was hardly more than five feet four inches but carried himself with great dignity. his head was exactly the shape of an egg, and he always perched it a little on one side. his moustache was very stiff and military. the neatness of his attire was almost incredible; i believe a speck of dust would have caused him more pain than a bullet wound." who is being described here? and by whom?
9. how many moustache categories can one expect in the world beard & moustache championships?
10. which cricketer once insured his moustache for 200,000 pounds?
if you want the answers, go fish.